One of my most favorite chefs to watch and learn from is Ina Garten, aka “The Barefoot Contessa.” She inspired me to make this dish recently. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 pound good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons french mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted or crackers
Combine the olives, capers, and garlic in a food processor , pulse a few times as we want some chunks. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme and parsley. Keep cool for a few minutes.
Serve on toast or with crackers